SLO Concerts in the Park kick off June 24
Ten weeks of free live music coming to Mission Plaza
– Downtown SLO has announced the lineup for the 26th annual concerts in the plaza series. This summer, the public is invited to gather in Mission Plaza every Friday evening for ten weeks of rockin’ local bands and singer-songwriters.
The 2022 series runs Fridays from June 24, 2022 – Aug. 26, 2022. The opening solo singer-songwriter act will begin at 4:30 PM, and the main act will run from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Concerts in the Plaza is the largest free concert series on the Central Coast. This beloved community event features live
local music, dancing, and drinks in the heart of downtown San Luis Obispo: Mission Plaza. All concerts are free to the
public and family-friendly.
This year, Downtown SLO is excited to announce the brand-new Singer-Songwriter Showcase, sponsored by the San Luis Obispo Collection. Each concert will be opened by a different local solo act. Singer-songwriters were chosen from the 2020 lineup, which was canceled due to COVID-19.
2022 Concerts in the Plaza Lineup:
- June 24 • Brass Mash | pop and rock | with opener Chris Beland
- July 1 • Resination | roots, rock, reggae | with opener Graybill
- July 8 • The Mother Corn Shuckers | bluegrass, country, jam-band | with opener Dulcie Taylor
- July 15 • Damon Castillo Band | rock n’ soul | with opener Noach Tangeras
- July 22 • Dante Marsh & the VibeSetters | island soul, funk | with opener Jineanne Coderre
- July 29 • The Molly Ringwald Project | 80s pop and rock | with opener Ynana Rose
- August 5 • Moonshiner Collective | Americana (Californicana) | with opener Miss Leo
- August 12 • Carbon City Lights | alternative rock | with opener Nataly Lola
- August 19 • The Tipsy Gypsies | jazz, blues, soul | with opener Devin Welsh
August 26 • Truth About Seafood | rock | with opener Steve Key
Food and drink will be available; outside alcohol is not allowed. Enjoy eats from Woodstock’s Pizza, Firestone-Walker beer, Chamisal wine, and Malene rosé, and hard cider from Jean-Marie Cidery. Downtown SLO is eliminating single-use plastics at Concerts in the Plaza; all beverages are sold in reusable cups or aluminum cans. Attendees are strongly
encouraged to bring their own reusable cups (no glass.) 12oz souvenir cups will be available for purchase.
Free bike valet off of Chorro Street will be provided by Bike SLO County.
Subscribe to the A-Town Daily News for free!