Road closures for Hot El Camino Cruise Nite, Dancing in the Streets
–Cruisin’ Weekend kicks off Friday, Aug. 16, 2019, from 6:30 until 8:30 p.m. with the City of Atascadero’s 27th Annual Hot El Camino Cruise Nite, which is a closed and controlled cruise on El Camino Real from Traffic Way to Curbaril.
The following roads will close beginning at 5 p.m.:
- El Camino Real from Traffic Way to Curbaril;
- San Luis Ave. from Curbaril to Pueblo;
- Pueblo from San Luis Ave. to El Camino Real;
- Palma from East Mall to Traffic Way;
- East Mall from Lewis Ave to El Camino Real;
- West Mall from Lewis Ave to El Camino Real;
- Entrada from Lewis Ave to El Camino Real.
Highway 41 will close to through-traffic at the intersection of El Camino Real and Morro Road. Traffic Way will be open to northbound traffic on El Camino Real only. The Hwy 41 northbound exit on Hwy 101 will be closed and they recommend exiting at the Curbaril off-ramp. The southbound traffic on Hwy 101 that is exiting Hwy 41 eastbound, recommend exiting at the Curbaril off-ramp.
Rules of the road for all participants:
1. Drive cautiously and watch for pedestrians, spectators, and other vehicles.
2. Obey all traffic signals, signs, and control devices.
3. Obey all directions from Police Officers and event staff.
4. Deliberate chirping, spinning, and squealing of tires are prohibited.
5. Do not pour any liquid on the street for tire spinning.
6. Exhibitions of vehicle speed, excessive exhaust system noise, and speed contests are prohibited.
7. U-turns are permitted only at each end of the cruise route at the designated sites.
8. All Vehicle Code rules and regulations will be enforced.
9. Vehicles may leave the cruise route to “cool down;” however, drivers seeking to re-enter the cruise route after the “cool down” period must re-enter at the registration site.
Violations of the above rules may subject the violator to being escorted from the course, citation, towing and/or impounding of his/her vehicle, and arrest.
To register your classic car for Hot El Camino Cruise Nite, visit us at the Colony Park Community Center located at 5599 Traffic Way before 4 pm on Friday, August 16th. After Friday at 4 pm, you can register at Pueblo/ San Luis Ave and El Camino Real. For more information: www.VisitAtascadero.com/cruise.
Dancing in the streets: Notice of Street Closures
On Saturday evening, Aug. 17 from 5-10 p.m., the City of Atascadero will host Dancing in the Streets! This will involve four bands scattered throughout Downtown Atascadero along with various food and beverage vendors. This event will include the following road closures:
- Beginning at 12 noon (closed until Midnight/ 12 a.m.): Road closures for West Mall between El Camino Real and Lewis Ave., and Palma Ave. between East Mall and Entrada.
- At 2 p.m. (closed until Midnight/ 12 a.m.): The remaining road closures include Entrada between El Camino Real and Lewis Ave. and on Palma Ave between Entrada and Traffic Way.
- At 2 p.m., public parking behind The Carlton will close until Midnight/ 12 a.m. If you have a vehicle parked in that area, you will not be able to enter or leave during that timeframe. Please move your car to another parking location if you cannot leave your car in this parking area between 2 p.m. and Midnight/ 12 a.m.
- Palma Ave. between East Mall and West Mall will remain closed until 10 a.m. on Sunday, Aug. 18.
If there are any questions regarding the events above, please contact the Colony Park Community Center at (805) 470-3360.
Subscribe to the A-Town Daily News for free!