City shares street closures, rules for upcoming ‘Crusin’ Weekend’
Cruisin’ Weekend kicks off Friday, Aug. 20
–Cruisin’ Weekend kicks off Friday, Aug. 20, 2021 from 6:30 until 9 p.m. with the City of Atascadero’s 28th Annual Hot El Camino Cruise Nite, which is a closed and controlled cruise on El Camino Real from Traffic Way to Curbaril.
The following roads will close beginning at 5:30 pm (hard road closure at 6 p.m.):
- El Camino Real from Traffic Way to Curbaril;
- San Luis Ave. from Curbaril to El Camino Real;
- Pueblo Ave. from Sinaloa to El Camino Real;
- Palma Ave. from Entrada Ave. to Traffic Way;
- Entrada Ave. from El Camino Real to Lewis Ave.
- Traffic Way from El Camino Real to Lewis Ave.
- East Mall from Palma Ave to El Camino Real;
- West Mall from Palma Ave to El Camino Real;
Highway 41 will be closed to through traffic between the US 101 southbound ramps (to remain open) and Santa Ysabel Avenue and will be detoured through Curbaril Avenue and Santa Ysabel Avenue. US 101 northbound on- and off-ramps at Hwy 41/El Camino Real (in front of the Von’s Center) will be closed, but local traffic to the Von’s Center can be accessed off Highway 41 at Santa Ysabel Avenue. Colony Square parking lot can be accessed from Lewis Ave. The intersection of El Camino Real and Traffic Way will allow traffic to flow between US 101 ramps to the north portion of El Camino Real. The Tesla Charging Station will be closed during the event.
Hot El Camino Cruise Nite: Rules of the road for participants:
1. Drive cautiously and watch for pedestrians, spectators, and other vehicles.
2. Obey all traffic signals, signs, and control devices.
3. Obey all directions from Police Officers and event staff.
4. Deliberate chirping, spinning, and squealing of tires are prohibited.
5. Do not pour any liquid on the street for tire spinning.
6. Exhibitions of vehicle speed, excessive exhaust system noise, and speed contests are prohibited.
7. U-turns are permitted only at each end of the cruise route at the designated sites.
8. All Vehicle Code rules and regulations will be enforced.
9. Vehicles may leave the cruise route to “cool down;” however, drivers seeking to re-enter the cruise route after the “cool down” period must re-enter at the registration site.
Violations of the above rules may subject the violator to being escorted from the course, citation, towing and/or impounding of his/her vehicle, and arrest. Cruise Nite will continue only with the public’s cooperation. Please help that this event continues to be safe for everyone. To register a classic car for Hot El Camino Cruise Nite, visit the Colony Park Community Center located at 5599 Traffic Way before 4 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 20. After Friday at 4 p.m., you can register at Pueblo/ San Luis Ave and El Camino Real.
For more information: www.VisitAtascadero.com/cruise.
Dancing in the Streets: Notice of street closures
On Saturday evening, Aug. 21 from 5-9 p.m., the City of Atascadero will host Dancing in the Streets. This will involve two bands located at Sunken Gardens in Downtown Atascadero along with a handful of food vendors. This event will include the following road closures:
- Beginning at 12 noon until 11 p.m.: Road closures for West Mall between El Camino Real and Lewis Ave., East Mall between El Camino Real and Lewis Ave. and Palma Ave. between East and West Malls.
- Palma Ave. between East and West Malls will remain closed until 10 a.m. on Sunday, Aug. 22.
If there are any questions regarding the events above, contact the Colony Park Community Center at (805) 470-3360.
Subscribe to the A-Town Daily News for free!