Management changes ahead for Atascadero Tourism Business Improvement District
City staff step in to provide destination management services
–Last Wednesday, the Atascadero Tourism Business Improvement District (ATBID) held a special meeting via teleconference to discuss the future of the city’s destination management services.
Big Red Marketing, the firm that has been in charge of Atascadero’s destination management services, gave notice of termination of their services on June 16.
The ATBID’s ad hoc committee on the issue met with Atascadero City Manager Rachelle Rickard, on June 24, to discuss solutions. Rickard offered for the city’s staff to provide the same destination management services that Big Red Marketing covered at no additional cost until Sept. 30, so that the ATBID can take the time to find a more permanent solution that better fits their needs.
During the most recent meeting, the ATBID offered clarification on the former duties of Big Red Marketing and guidance on what the city’s staff would have to do.
Main duties include:
- To assist in maintaining roles and responsibilities in the ATBID communication chart
- To act as an administrator to support the ATBID and its members in all capacities to execute plans and attain goals, including and not limited to financial growth and laying the groundwork for future success
- To guide the organization to develop and implement strategies to increase occupancy consistent with the annual goals and objectives established by the ATBID and its annual marketing plans
- To assist in creating ATBID policies and procedures
- To assist in communication and strategy in response to any unexpected state of emergencies
The ATBID will meet again at its regular session on Aug. 18.
Subscribe to the A-Town Daily News for free!