Best landscapers and gardeners in Atascadero
Find the best landscapers and gardeners in Atascadero
Choosing the best landscaper or gardener for your home or commercial property is a big decision. If you are looking for long-term weekly lawn service, a tree-trimming, one-time yard clean up, or a new master landscape design for your property, you are in luck. There are several local contractors and service providers here for you to choose from:
- Armet’s Landscape, Atascadero CA, 93422 (805) 460-9161
- Bill Van Winkel’s Lawn Service, (805) 286-7476
- C & C Tree Service & Transplanting, (805) 434-0914
- Golden State Tree Service, Templeton CA, 93465 (805) 835-1013
- J K Tubb Landscape & Design Inc, (805) 238-2759
- Lomeli Landscapes, serving North County (805) 434-0197
- Quality Landscape Maintenance, serving North County (805) 237-0449 or (805) 441-9426
- Yard Wurk McGurk, Paso Robles CA, 93446 (805) 238-6230
Service areas: These recommended contractors service North San Luis Obispo County, including Paso Robles, Atascadero Templeton, San Miguel, Shandon, Santa Margarita, Creston, Heritage Ranch, Oak Shores and all of the surrounding areas.
Tips for choosing the best landscaper or gardener
Know the goals of your project ahead of time: There are many reasons why people hire a landscaper – too make a good impression, create outdoor recreation areas like swimming pools, fountains and gazebos; attract birds; attract customers or tenants or simply to create a place to relax after a stressful day. First, choose your goals and then set up a few appointments with local professionals.
Choose an experienced and professional landscaper: There are different types of contractors depending on your needs: Small and independent contractors and large design/build firms offering comprehensive landscaping design services. There are lawn care companies that provide affordable weekly lawn care, landscaping design firms and landscaping maintenance firms. Here are a few things you can do to check their experience:
- Check the company’s reviews on Google, Yelp and the Better Business Bureau
- Check the company’s professional associations like the Chamber of Commerce, American Society of Landscape Architects or the American Nursery and Landscape Association.
- Ask how long they have been in the landscaping business and if they have the licensing and certification.
- Ask for a portfolio of past projects.
- Ask if they offer guarantees on their work and products.
- Ask around. Talk to your friends and family or visit a nursery and get referrals. A great reputation is one sure measure of a landscaper’s skills and abilities.
Choose a landscaper or gardener you like: Are you comfortable talking to him? Can you easily communicate your ideas, goals, priorities, needs and budget? Is he courteous and prompt with replies? When hiring a landscaping company, you may not deal with just one person but a crew of workmen. These people will be spending a significant amount of time around your house, yourself and members of your family.
Editor’s note: The Best of Atascadero is a special section of the A-Town Daily News. The series recommends local businesses that the writers and editors have personally met and recommend. The companies listed in this section have proven to be exceptional local providers of goods and services. If you would like to suggest a local business for consideration on the Best of Atascadero series, click here to contact the A-Town Daily News, or call Access Publishing at (805) 226-9890. Posted by Scott Brennan, Google+
Subscribe to the A-Town Daily News for free!