Atascadero UMC celebrates Easter with a cantata on Palm Sunday
To celebrate Easter, Atascadero United Methodist Church, 11605 El Camino Real, will present a cantata, “Whispers of the Passion,” on Palm Sunday, March 29 at 10 a.m. “Whispers of the Passion” is a contemporary cantata composed by Joseph M. Martin and accompanied by a 20-piece orchestra.
“You will hear the interpretation of the last days of Christ as told by some of the silent witnesses: Palm, Chalice, Robe, Crown of Thorns and Cross,” AUMC Choir Director Don Dexter said. “This beautiful choral music accompanied by orchestra will begin our Holy Week journey by reminding us of the timeless message of God’s grace.”
The monologues will be followed by beautiful musical sung by the choir, accompanied by members of the San Luis Obispo Symphony.
Other Lent services and activities:
- Thursday, April 2 at 7 p.m.: Holy Thursday/Maundy Thursday Service at AUMC
- Friday, April 3 at 7 p.m.: Good Friday Station of the Cross hosted by St. Luke’s Episcopal Church and AUMC in Sunken Gardens
- Sunday, April 5 at 6:30 a.m.: Easter Sunrise Service followed by Hot Cross Buns out AUMC, hosted by AUMC and St. Luke’s Episcopal Church
- Sunday, April 5 at 8:30 and 10:30 a.m.: Easter services at AUMC, child care will be provided for both services
- Sunday, April 5 at 9:45 a.m.: Easter egg hunt for children in the fifth grade and younger starting AUMC’s fellowship hall
- Sunday, April 5 at 4:30 p.m.: Remix Easter service at AUMC
Anyone wishing to attend the cantata are welcome during the morning service. For more information about AUMC, go to www.atascaderoumc.org.
Subscribe to the A-Town Daily News for free!