Atascadero’s Dancing With Our Stars raises nearly 100k for charity
—A recap of the ninth annual ‘Atascadero’s Dancing With Our Stars’ 2018 event was delivered at the Atascadero City Council meeting on Mar. 27 by council member Heather Moreno. The event, which ran from Mar. 22-24, raised over $98,000 for local non-profit organizations.
There were seven non-profit organizations that participated in this year’s Dancing With Our Stars event: Atascadero Education Foundation – The Greybots, Atascadero Historical Society, Friends of Atascadero Lake, Friends of the Atascadero Library, North County Dance Performing Arts Foundation, Quote International of Atascadero, and RISE. Each organization received funds raised from their “Star Dancer”.
Star Dancers and their organization are as follows:
- Karen Burish Wyke for Friends of Atascadero Lake
- Jennifer Adams for RISE
- Jane Frenzel for Friends of the Atascadero Library
- Brenda May for Quota International of Atascadero
- Jeanne Neely for Friends of the Atascadero Library
- Scott Rosenblum for Atascadero Education Foundation – The Greybots
- Molly and Giovanni Comin for North County Dance Performing Arts Foundation
- Jim Wilkins for Atascadero Historical Society
The grand champion was May, second place was Wilkins and third place was Adams. May also won people’s choice at the event.
Subscribe to the A-Town Daily News for free!